POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Realtime rendering : Re: Realtime rendering Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realtime rendering
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 1 Oct 2001 17:25:47
Message: <MPG.1622efa24e9abaa9989a33@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:49:56 +0200, Nekar Xenos wrote...
> Working on a model that takes a long time to render even with simple texture and
> +q1 made me wonder if it would be possible to have something like an OpenGL test
> render setting in Pov-Ray 4. It shouldn't render to a file - only to the screen.
> What are the possibilities?

Assuming you're using Windows, then the first option that springs to mind
is using Moray 3.3, which has OpenGL preview mode using hardware
aceleration.

But you can't load existing .pov source into Moray, and some people don't
like modellers, and I don't know what OS you're using.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.